Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Douchebag Manifesto, PT. 3

I have taken criticism for rewarding a guy who is, by all accounts, less than evolved, with attention, both sexual and otherwise...

I don't care that he is an ass. It isn't that he is the one getting rewarded. I am there getting MY needs met. I don't care what or who he is doing afterwards. Not my problem or business. It is condescending to assume I am somehow his victim.

Sounds jaded maybe, but it's true.

Just because I'm an intellectual of sorts, doesn't mean I don't appreciate the power of a good ol' fashioned cavemaning. That is why really nice guys don't get ass. There is a very primal game of cat and mouse that we play, whether we like it or not. You have to be forward, take chances, show strength...not be so sweet and cuddly.Think less about a basket of kittens more about a pride of lions. Dominance can be sexy. Dominance can be expressed physically or intellectually...It can be a hand moving up the thigh or biting wit...Cocky can be charming when it is expressed through humor.

When it comes to the kaffeeklatsch I appreciate a guy that is well read. When it comes to the human act of love-I want a man that makes me feel like a woman. Even us post-feminist feminists need the right balance of pheromones, cro-magnon and possibly pinot-grigio...And I have dated men that are a fine balance of both.

And sure, generally a guy has to fuck me between the ears first...but with Mr. Vegas, that didn't happen...and that's just fine. I am raw. He was raw. It made sense. Timing is nine-tenths of possession by law.

I had a friend tell me that I placed too much importance on sex, that there are people that go their whole lives celibate...And I think it is completely unnatural to live that way. The need to copulate is built into our DNA. People who use religion as a motivation to deny the physical self are trying to ascend the body, dominate the animal that is at our core. To that, I say, "why?".

I believe that need to overcome the body comes out a need for control/fear. I think perversion comes from subversion or repression of our natural state. It is always gay men who become religious leaders for churches that hate homosexuals that get caught up in scandal.

So sure, I am a douchebag...but I am definitely not repressed and I know who I am...and I think I am pretty rad...

No comments: